Dual Channel Ram Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

waqas300

@waqas300
See post #4 sketch mad by flavallee .
The last sentence in note 2:
"For optimum performance .... install them in the DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets." --> white sockets.

View attachment 258502

What are the settings in BIOS?
View attachment 258503
When putting both into the white slots the computer is not even starting. But when installing both in blue its showing only 4GB instead of 8GB. Settings in bios were auto for channel and rank interleaving i set to enable but it didn't made any difference.

My opinion (maybe I'm wrong and maybe someone else will say this):
1. No information if memories are ECC or non-ECC. If they are seen it would mean that they are non-ECC.
2. If the recommended white slots are not visible it would mean that one module is DS and the other SS.
I had such a case with Geil's memory and that's why I changed it to Kingston memory.
In addition, this may be evidenced by the fact that they differ in the production date (Week / Year - 21/11 and 33/11).
My memory modules were manufactured the same time 08/09 and were sold as a set in a single package - memory paired.
3. In this situation, Hynix memory modules can not work in Dual Channel mode. Single channel mode remains.
P.S.
Does the system see nominal 8GB of memory?

waqas300

My opinion (maybe I'm wrong and maybe someone else will say this):
1. No information if memories are ECC or non-ECC. If they are seen it would mean that they are non-ECC.
2. If the recommended white slots are not visible it would mean that one module is DS and the other SS.
I had such a case with Geil's memory and that's why I changed it to Kingston memory.
In addition, this may be evidenced by the fact that they differ in the production date (Week / Year - 21/11 and 33/11).
My memory modules were manufactured the same time 08/09 and were sold as a set in a single package - memory paired.
3. In this situation, Hynix memory modules can not work in Dual Channel mode. Single channel mode remains.
P.S.
Does the system see nominal 8GB of memory?
Yes its working a total of 8GB when installed in slot one white and one blue. But its shows only 4GB if both 4GB installed in blue as it should show 8GB.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online