Dual Core Front Side Bus x2?? or the same as 1 core?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dashdanw

Because there are two cores on...for instance, my AMD Athlon X2, does that mean that since there are two cores, the normal FSB for one core which would be 2000mhz, would be x2 so i can put in 4 sticks of pc 6400 at 800mhz? or does the FSB not change when you add another core? Also is there somewhere i can learn more about how the cores work together? Im pretty new to the whole concept. Thanks!

You can only put in RAM that your motherboard supports, and only as much as it supports.

This should get you started in Front Side Bus architecture, and you can like off to other Wiki entries from there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_side_bus

Also, poking around on www.tomshardware.com will help you pick up a ton of good information, although most it is written assuming you know what all of that means. You should be able to infer lots of new info from their articles and reviews, though.

Triple6

Rob
The FSB or HyperTransport bus remains at the same speed and width with one core or with two cores at 2000Mhz. And the amount and speed of memory also remains the same regardless if the processor is a single core or dual core - the max of which is determined by both the processor, as a whole, and the motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online