1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual core V quad core

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BlooChoo, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlooChoo

BlooChoo Thread Starter

with Intel having a price crash on the 22nd of july i am torn where to go to build a friends new rig!! they want a decent gaming rig in order to play crysis flat out but on a bit of a budget of £1200...

so would it be best for me to build using an intel quad core intel Q6600, which will cost the same as the top end dual core Intel Core 2 Duo E6850...(around £130-180 after the price crash)

then the question is ddr3 or stick with low latency ddr2:)

and which graphics card to go for thats around £200 mark...i was thinking the foxconn geforce 8800 gts...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice