Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dual display problems

555 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
For a while now I have been using my old Samsung TV as a second monitor. This morning I had to reboot and the displays switched places and now my Samsung is set as Display 1. I've tried everything to get my Acer monitor back to being the main display, but it remains Display 2. Any ideas?

#6 ·
Does it make any difference that the 2nd monitor is hooked up with an HDMI cable?
Could very well be. How is the other monitor connected? I believe digital displays take precedence over analog. It may not matter which one is labeled what, you should be able to move them anyway.

#8 ·
FWIW, I have three monitors on this machine, one is connected via a USB->DVI adapter, and two are connected to my display card using the DVI interface. I can make any of them my primary display from display settings. I'm actually using the one connected as #2 as my main display as that's where it ended up. When the computer boots, the boot display comes up on #1 to the left, but then when Windows loads it sorts it all out.

What do you see when you are in Display Settings and look at the monitor position display? Here's what I see.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

I can select any of the other displays and scroll down and make them my main display if I choose.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.