1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Displays on x1300 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jakbrud, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jakbrud

Jakbrud Thread Starter

Currently I have 1 20" 1680x1050 display connected via DVI to a Ati Radeon x1300 Pro. I was thinking about getting another 20" display (same resolution) and connecting it via VGA. Basically my question is, will the video card be able to drive both of the monitors simultaneously at 1680x1050 each?

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I had a pair of Samsung 20.1" 204Bs running on an X1300 ... no problem.

3. Jakbrud

Jakbrud Thread Starter

just to double check, you have one running on the VGA and one on the DVI with both running at 1680x1050? I just want to double check before I buy another monitor. I have a 204bw on the DVI right now and I was thinking about getting another 20 or 22" to hook up to the VGA to run at 1680x1050

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Running both on VGA .. There's a VGA KVM switch in my second monitor/computer wiring.
    Running both at 1024x768 .. So it's big enough for me to see.
    Why have more resolution than most of the sources anyway ?

Not sure how your increased resolution or wide screen aspect ratio will affect the system.
    I'd guess it might slow things down a bit.

Normally, I'm not a big fan of wide screens.
    You see it wider, but less in height ... So you have to look farther, to see the less of it.
    But sure would be nice for my extra Photoshop tool menus.

The twin monitors and X1300 was in my older Computer.
    the WS 22" will not be as tall as the 20" 204b.

5. Jakbrud

Jakbrud Thread Starter

when i called ATI he said I might have to lower the resolution. I just wanted to double check. I want to get another 20" widescreen display.

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    They don't provide the lower resolutions for wide screens ... one of my big complaints.
    Make sure you have the driver you want .. last time I looked .. They didn't come with the monitor
    The geek at BBuys told me the newer 24 > 25's have the other drivers.
    Not sure I believe him.
    If Samsung hadn't put a shiny fat bezel on their new bigger monitors, I might have drug one home.
    Don't like a monitor looking back at me.

7. Jakbrud

Jakbrud Thread Starter

Im more worried about if the card can physically handle two monitors running at 1680x1050 each.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice