1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Drive issues DVD-drive and CD-RW drive please Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aak27, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aak27

aak27 Thread Starter

For anyone who can help.

My name is David Roy. and i have a Dell Dimension 4600. In this dimension i have a dual drive CD-RW on the bottom and DVD-Rom on the top. (HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B) and (Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E)

Yesterday out of nowhere both my drives gave out. I can still see them on the my computer option but i cant use any of them. When i want to burn a blank CD it shows up on my computer but when i try to burn it, it sais no compatible recordable or rewritable devices could be found on your system. When i pop any movies or games or anything in any of the drives nothing shows up and if i click on the drive it sais please enter cd. So they cant read anything and this just happened. I have never had a problem like this in the past 2-3 years of having this computer.

Thank You if anyone can help me
    David R

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/623724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice