Dual Drive issues DVD-drive and CD-RW drive please Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aak27

For anyone who can help.

My name is David Roy. and i have a Dell Dimension 4600. In this dimension i have a dual drive CD-RW on the bottom and DVD-Rom on the top. (HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B) and (Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E)

Yesterday out of nowhere both my drives gave out. I can still see them on the my computer option but i cant use any of them. When i want to burn a blank CD it shows up on my computer but when i try to burn it, it sais no compatible recordable or rewritable devices could be found on your system. When i pop any movies or games or anything in any of the drives nothing shows up and if i click on the drive it sais please enter cd. So they cant read anything and this just happened. I have never had a problem like this in the past 2-3 years of having this computer.

Thank You if anyone can help me
David R

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts