Dual harddrive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fblade36

I am running windows 98, on a 2G harddrive, just installed my other harddrive onto this computer as a slave, but i can not access an of the programs on the slave, my system recognize the HD, but can not access the information, how can i do this

Is there any data on the drive to access in the first place? Have you FDISKed and formatted the new drive? Is it set up correctly in the BIOS?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi fblade36, welcome to TSG....

Where is the hard drive being recognized? In windows or just on startup?

Where did this drive come from? What's on it?
You said "but i can not access an of the programs on the slave" - if you are trying to execute programs that were previously installed on this drive on another computer, that will not work. The programs require system files and registry entries that do not exist on your system - the programs would need to be reinstalled.

Then you said "my system recognize the HD, but can not access the information" - like AcaCandy asked - where are you seeing it recognized? If your BIOS is detecting it but not Windows, assuming there really is data on the disk, is it possible there's a different file system on there (like NTFS)?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Or, for that matter, if it was taken off an older computer, it may have a software overlay program on it, in which case it won't be recognized until you disable that......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online