1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual moniters using vga cable

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ICONIC, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ICONIC

ICONIC Thread Starter

I have a question, ok so i have dual moniters (my laptop computer, and my samsung 32" tv). So for dual moniters i've been using s_video, but the resolutions off and the screen becomes a bit blurry.

I recently hooked up my computer to a projector using vga cable in my school, and the picture quality and resolution was perfect.

so my question is does it depend on what type of VGA cable i get or can i get anyone, because i've seen vga cables that are like HD15 1600 x 1200. and i dont know what that means.

any help

thanks,

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

First, does the TV have a VGA connection?

3. ICONIC

ICONIC Thread Starter

ya it does

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Then you should be able to connect a VGA cable. What's the question?

5. ICONIC

ICONIC Thread Starter

it was on the different types , like UXGA and stuff but i looked into it and im good now, thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice