1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual monitor...crash!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Steven808, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven808

Steven808 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I've got a problem that I just can't figure out and don't quite know where to start.

I had a brand new perfectly good Dell XPS. I added a nVidia GeForce graphic card, installed the most up to date Windows MCE 2005 device driver for it, and I changed the BIOS to boot to the PCI slot. Then I changed the windows settings to use the nVidia in the PCI slot as my secondary monitor.

So that's what I did....this is what happens.

I go to sleep, I wake up and the computer is shut down. I go to turn it on, it doesn't boot, just beeps at me.

The only way to remidy this so far is to remove the nVidia card. I've removed and reinstalled it twice and it keeps doing the same thing.

Please help, I have no idea what this might be or even where to start. :( Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice