1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual monitor help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadow_waker, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadow_waker

shadow_waker Thread Starter

hey all.

i was experimenting with using two monitors at once on windows xp, but can't quite get it to work. i have a geforce 6100 card already on the motherboard and installed a geforce mx4000 pci card. however, this just resulted in the mx4000 being the primary monitor. the onboard card isn't shown in the device manager... i read in the windows help index that in order to also use the integrated video card, a have to set it as vga. is this really the problem? if so, how do i set it as vga? thanks in advance.

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Usually onboard video disables itself when a new add in card is installed.

What you want to do is hook up one monitor to the VGA and the other to the DVI of the mx4000.

3. shadow_waker

hmmm... my mx4000 doesn't have dvi. the two video cards use vga. can i still use two monitors?

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Nope either add another video card OR return the one you have and add 1 card that supports dual monitors (best option)

5. shadow_waker

icic... thnx for the tip.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice