Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ELXMiles

Hello!

I play a lot of Video games and I needed a second monitor so i could have two displays and to access Discord faster without closing the game. I'm waiting for Christmas to get a new monitor and i'm stuck with an old monitor that was just lying around. It is an extremely old Acer monitor. My main monitor is a Sceptre Curved monitor. I have that one plugged into my PC with an HDMI cable. The old crappy one I found needs a VGA cable. They are both plugged into my PC. I turn on the old monitor and it says "No Signal". It won't detect my PC for some reason even with the VGA cable in. And yes, I screwed in the VGA on both ends. I've already detected the monitor and it wont detect. I don't think it is Windows. It might be either the cable or the monitor just sucks. I've also updated my drivers. Nothing. If it is possible to get in a live call with someone who can help that would be great. Thanks.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi and welcome to TSG.

I don't know if I will be able to come up with a solution, but it would probably help us to help you if you told us the brand and full model numbers of the computer and/or motherboard and any video expansion card (not the chipset model number) you have plugged into the motherboard.

By any chance, are you trying to use both a video card output and any built-in video output on the motherboard? Many motherboards do not support such simultaneous outputs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online