1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual monitor issues....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by burn, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burn

burn Thread Starter

ok im running windows xp on a crap emachines... with a crap sg prosavage drr onboard video card.... just out of general curiosity i wanted to try to setup dual monitors... so i found an old ati rage2c 8meg agp card

i installed the ati and booted the computer

the computer boots and uses the rage as the default card so i went into the device manager to switch the sg to the default card and noticed that the sg isnt listed in the device manager
    i tried to reinstall the drivers for the sg and they error... with no code or message

i rebooted and went into the bios and could not find a setting of any kind for the onboard card.... im at a loss...

and very tired...

thanks for any help you guys may be able to give

2. brianF

brianF

3. K7M

K7M

you might not be able to run any card w/onboard vid. Every motherboard I've ever dealt with will detect the add in card and shut off onboard vid by default.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice