1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual monitor moving from screen to screen

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by MPeg3, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MPeg3

MPeg3 Thread Starter

Is there such a thing as software to move a window from one monitor to another. I had this feature on my old computer which had ATI software, I think. I could right click on the name of the folder in my toolbar and a menu would pop up asking if I wanted to move it to monitor 1, as well as, move it to monitor 2. This came in very handy at times, but my new GIGABYTE, GeForce 6600LE video card didn't come with this option. I'm wondering if it has to come from the company that created the card, or could be done with other software.

Also, is there a shortcut key in windows XP to move a folder? What I am dealing with is this morning I tried to open My Documents and it had apparently been on the #2 monitor when I shut windows down last night. For some reason the monitor would not come on this morning. Never happened before. I couldn't get My Documents to move to my #1 monitor. I went to the web site for the video card to see if they had software available to move items from one screen to the other, and found they had new BIOS for the card. I downloaded them and it rebooted my computer. At that time the monitor came on, but I'm not sure what the problem was in the first place. I would like to be prepared if something like this should happen again.

Thanks
    Peg

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

nVidia drivers have the same capability to move stuff between monitors.

4. MPeg3

MPeg3 Thread Starter

Can you tell me where to get it. I downloaded the latest driver and tried to get some software, but the software said it didn't find the right driver so I presume it wasn't meant for my video card. I can drag things between the monitors, but what I am wanting to do is click on the taskbar button at the bottom of monitor 1 and tell it to move the folder to that monitor from monitor 2. Or something similar to that. Maybe I am just being too lazy, but having it before has spoiled me.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You need to enable the capability in their control panel. I have an ATI card on this dual monitor system now, so I don't remember the exact details. I do know that you can enable the capability, and it shows up as an icon on the right hand side of the title bar.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542837

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice