1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Monitor not working on Toshiba Tecra M5 with Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sentosa.gani, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sentosa.gani

sentosa.gani Thread Starter

I recently upgraded my notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium.

On the Display Configuration, I can see two monitors. I then click 'attached' on the second monitor, and click on 'extend my desktop to this monitor'. Upon doing this, I can only see the display on my laptop monitor. Moving the mouse to the second monitor seems to work as the mouse disappear from the first monitor.
    Fn+F5 seems to yield nothing as there is nothing on my external monitor.

External Monitor: Philips 105S3

Notebook specification:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB)
    Operating System: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Vista Home Premium
    Display: 14.1-inch diagonal XGA (1024x768 native resolution)
    Graphics Controller: NVIDIA(R) Quadro(R) NVS 110M with 128MB DDR discrete graphics memory plus up to 128MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using NVIDIA(R) TurboCache technology
    Memory: 2 gB DDR2 667MHz SDRAM
    Hard Drive: 80GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial-ATA)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice