1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual monitor questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kayne, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayne

Kayne Thread Starter

Nov 1, 2005
    i am wanting to connect my 42" hdtv as another monitor, but i had a few questions about how dual monitor works and how to set it all up. i mainly want to do this so i can watch movies and play games on my TV

1. how would i hook it up? i have 2 nvidia 9500gt cards in sli mode, each with 2 dvi connectors. I plan on getting a dvi-hdmi cable to hook them together i just dont know the correct way to set it up.

2. i heard that you cant run sli on dual monitors, what if i only need sli on one monitor at a time?

thats all i can think of right now but im prolly forgetting something
  2. bigbear

Apr 27, 2004
    In SLI mode you have a primary card and a secondary card, normally the top card
    Both monitors hook up to the primary card.
    There are DVI to HDMI adapters to hook up the HDMI cable
  3. jazz3000

Apr 19, 2007
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/810522