1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Monitor Set-up Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EliLovesComputers, Apr 1, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. EliLovesComputers

EliLovesComputers Thread Starter

I am attempting to replicate my work-place desk set up at home. I have a dual monitor standing desk that has 2 Viewsonic VA2232wm's and I have all the chords to connect it to my Microsoft Surface.

The problem: only one of the Viewsonic screens turns on at a time. And it switches off. If I disconnect one of the DVI cables and reconnect it, it switches the screen that is off/on. Moreover, I can tell by looking at the display settings on my surface that it recognizes both monitors.

Does anyone have an explanation/solution to this problem? Most threads I have seen point to an issue with the chords. However, considering that both monitors work but not at the same time, I do not think this is a chord issue.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Are you using the Surface with dual monitors are work? Surface model #?

I've not used a Surface, but like a laptop, it's possible that it doesn't support than many monitors.

3. EliLovesComputers

EliLovesComputers Thread Starter

I am using a Microsoft surface pro 6 and I use it with 2 ViewSonic monitors (VG2449) at work.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Is the Surface being connected the same as it is at work? (ie: are the cables being connected to the Surface or is a dock being used). My HP laptop provided by work will only allow a single monitor to be directly connected, but on a dock, I can connect three, for example.

Otherwise, try changing the cables between monitors (this will verify the cables are good). Try swapping the monitors between cables (this will verify the monitors are both good).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice