1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual monitor setup issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rbwevers, Jul 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbwevers

rbwevers Thread Starter

so I'm using an Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card and it only has two display ports on it 1 is HDMI and 1 is DVI I have one monitor plugged into HDMI which works just fine but DVI won't work I tried restarting my pc with the DVI plugged in and it came on until the login screen it went back off also I've tried going into settings and detecting another monitor but nothing I also went into properties to check for new drivers and everything was up to date I even tried rolling back my drivers still nothing I'm not sure what to do now do i need to get a DVI to HDMI adapter or what else could i do to fix this?

2. TG7187

TG7187

I'm not sure if I'm permitted to interject. I'm not a moderator, but I had the same issue when I attempted to use a TV as a second monitor. Is that what you're doing? IF so, you will need a converter. That's what did the trick for me.

3. rbwevers

rbwevers Thread Starter

they are both monitors i think imma gonna get a converter when i get the chance to see if that will work anyway

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice