1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Monitor Setup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by adventurer604, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adventurer604

adventurer604 Thread Starter

I want to setup dual monitors. After I learned the The Nvidia FX5500 graphics card that I had was not supported by Windows 7, I went out and bought the Nvidia 8400GS card. When I installed it, the Nvidia 9100 integrated card was no longer available/supported/installed. Specifically, I get get the computer to recognize one or the other graphics cards but not both at the same time. I am running Windows 7 and I have read that others have used this card for dual monitor applications so why can't I get the computer to recognize both graphics cards?

2. mel8again

mel8again

I assume the integrated video is not a physical card but video built into the motherboard. You can't have both. Inserting a video card into the motherboard automatically shuts down the onboard one. However your video card will support two monitors. There are two outputs on your video card. Plug the two monitors into the card and use Windows to set them up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice