dual monitors and full screen focus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kyran64

I'm running a dual monitor setup with with Windows XP and a NX6600GT-VTD128 graphics card. Though in my searches, I've come to the repeated answer that what I'm wanting is impossible at this moment in time I suppose it never hurts to ask anyway.

I want to be able to run full screen applications on one monitor and switch to applications on the other without the fullscreen app collapsing to the desktop. Is there any way to do this?

I understand that the alternative to this to just run the full screen app in windowed mode, but not all programs support this. Is there any third party software that can force a program to run in windowed mode?

I'd greatly appreciate any insight anyone may have..thank you for taking the time to help me.

Phil

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I think that would be a no. :) I just tried it with a full screen DOS window, and what you described is what happens.

kyran64

Any ideas on third party software that could make a program which doesn't naturally support it run in windowed mode?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online