Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dual Monitors Issue - Windows 7

335 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  R1pply 
#1 ·
First time user (sorry); not computer savy (sorry)

I'll give this a go, i have dual dell monitors which worked. I moved homes and a plug fell out and now i can't get it to operate.

NB: Monitors do not have HDMI capacity.

I have a DVI cord and also a VGA cord;

Only 1 screen is working; ive tried pressing windows button and P (to extend) no results
I've tried resetting the monitors to 1 = VGA and 1 + DVI - no results
I've tried disabling the driver, updating - no results
I've tried switching it on and off whilst doing this. - no results
I've reset the monitor settings (on both) - no results

I have 1 monitor plugged into the VGA cord to the computer and one monitor has the DVI cord.

I've uploaded the photo of the back of the computer, if i move the DVI cord from im assuming the graphics card slot to the other slot then both monitors are blank.

I have 1 monitor working (its the DVI connection) and as long as i swap that cord to the other monitor it works else i am unable to get them working simultaneously.

The message i get is that there is no signal coming from my computer.

How the hell do i get this thing to work , which use to work, but no longer works

Please help

forever grateful
NFI

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It looks like you are trying to use both the on board graphics card and an add in graphics card
You will need to go in to the BIOS when you boot up your computer and see if you have a integrated graphics device> set to "always enable" setting
another fix would be to find a cable that will allow you to plug your 2nd monitor in to the add in graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.