1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual monitors, no dvd video on secondary

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ITTF Museum, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ITTF Museum

ITTF Museum Thread Starter

Hello Group,
    Hope someone can help as I need to get this up and running for a museum exhibit.
    Problem:
    Installed a secondary monitor, works just fine, can drag windows to/from both screens, and can play .mpg videos on secondary screen just fine.
    But when I try to play a dvd there is only black space within Windows Media Player. As a test I played a dvd on the primary monitor, works fine, then dragged the window such that half the window was on my primary screen (running the dvd just fine), and the other half was on my secondary screen ... with black space.
    Using a Toshiba Satellite PC, with GeForce 4 440
    Googled and found one person having same problem and the recommended fix was:
    Right Click on desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced
    then click on the GeForce tab and a pull-out window should appear - it didn't. In that case the fix said to go to overlay controls tab, but mine was all grayed out and unable to make any adjustments - they recommended disable zoom options.
    All this is rather exasperating and beyond my level of experience.
    Hope to hear from someone who can walk me through this.
    Thanks.
    Charles

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/555984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice