1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Monitors not working with Vista Basic Notepad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Illumina2, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illumina2

Illumina2 Thread Starter

I've got a Lenovo C200 notebook with Intel intergrated graphics , I got a new monitor , Asus VW16D and tried to connect it up as a second monitor , no luck.

I went into CP -> Personalization -> display settings -> monitor -> and there was only a single numbered (1) monitor box.
    I'm sure when I intially set it up there was the 2 boxes representing 2 monitors option , numbered 1 & 2.

Under the Lenovo Care Tab -> Device Configuration -> Select Display Settings -> Click and nothing happens , it has the spinning load icon for a few seconds then zip !

I tried the add new hardware and it only comes up with the display adapters and i can't get further however in the device manager I seem to have 3 chips sets not working (got exclaimation marks next to all 3) so methinks this is where the problem might be.

CP -> device manager -> display adapters -> [1]Intel ® 946GZ express chipset family – [2]Mobile Intel ® 945 express chipset family – [3]Mobile Intel ® express chipset family -> click any of them -> Windows cannot initialize the device for this hardware (Code 37) .... This happens with all 3 Intel chipsets .... should there be 3 of them ? Trouble shooting them ends up with it just wanting to report it back to MS

The 2 mobile ® chipsets differ only with : PCI bus 0,device 2, & one has function 0 the other has function 1 .... all 3 drivers are Version 7.14.10.1437 .... The 2 Mobile ® have a "Resources" tab -> This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem !

I disabled the Mobile ® chipset ,function 1 and it caused no changes nor made any difference to the display or lack of on the 2nd monitor. The 2nd monitor only gets a "No Signal" box on boot up , I also checked it with an older monitor that is definitely working and it gets "NO Signal" as well (the older monitor was working fine with eeePC net book dual display Asus Linux)
    Aaaaah ! Any other suggestions for a fix ? I've tried MS website and no luck there (so far)

Any suggestions as its got me puzzled ? Any other info needed ?

2. Illumina2

Illumina2 Thread Starter

*bump*

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/796500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice