1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Monitors on EVGA7600GS video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PCBuilder, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PCBuilder

PCBuilder Thread Starter

First Name:
    Richard
    I'm having problems setting up dual video mode on my Win XP system using an EVGA NVidia GeForce 7600 GS video card. I have plugged my 2nd monitor into the 2nd socket, switched it on but I do not see anything.

I found a 'how to' article that said I needed to identify the 2nd display. It asked my to go to Start -> Control Panel -> Appearance and Themes. The Appearance and Themes choice does not appear in my control panel! Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get to 'Appearance and Themes?'

If I choose Display in the control panel, none of the tabs or buttons on the tabs seem to give me a coice of monitor, just my main monitor is displayed.

If I go to the Device Manager, I see the NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS. Going to properties, I see nothing related to 2 monitors.

Thanks for any help you can give...

PCB.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    "Appearance and Themes" only shows in you have the Control Panel set for "Category View" rather than the "Classic View" most people set it too. Choosing Display in the Classic View get you to the same area.

You may need to reinstall the drivers to get the second monitor showing under the "Settings" tab of "Display".

Latest drivers here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-275.33-whql-driver.html

You can also use the nVidia Control Panel that will install with the drivers to enable and configure the second monitor; access it by right clicking on the desktop or from "All Programs -> nVidia".

3. PCBuilder

PCBuilder Thread Starter

First Name:
    Richard
    Thanks for your help T6; I now have my second monitor working.

My problem was the classic Windows problems; I needed to re-boot before the "display" tab showed the 2nd monitor. It was understandable in this case but none of the write-ups I read mentioned it.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Glad you got it working (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1005896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice