1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual monitors on laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hbradford, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbradford

hbradford Thread Starter

I was wondering if there is any type of adapter that I can get to plug into my laptop so that I can use dual screens. I have a HP Pavilion laptop running Windows XP. When I go into the screen settings it has the option of using dual monitors (it actual says multiple monitors) but there is only one monitor plug on the outside of the laptop. So does this mean i need an adapter or does this mean that I can plug in a monitor and use the plugged in one and the laptop one.

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    It might not be exactly what you are looking for but I'm delighted with SplitView It gives you two half size screens so you can have two progs open and running side by side. I can - for no real reason! have IE open on one and Firefox open on the other. Or a Word doc one side and a movie on the other.
    I find it really useful when doing cut & paste. You can easily switch between two screens or one.
    Hopefully this is a link:
    http://splitview.com/

I have no connection with the product other than being a very satisfied user.

Perhaps of interest?
    Richard

3. gurutech

gurutech

The laptop screen is the first monitor, the external one is the 2nd monitor.

Only way to have dual external screens would be to get a splitter or USB device.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/553058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice