1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual monitors problem: one is pink

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moulaf, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moulaf

moulaf Thread Starter

Greetings,

I am using two monitors here at work and one of them has a color problem: it's color tone is pink.

I've tried using only this one monitor, and when I do so I do not have that problem; the color is good. Therefore I know this is not a problem with the monitor itself.

I have replaced every cable, the adapter, and even the graphic card, and I still get this pink color.

The drivers are up to date, and the graphics adapter is a 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.

I've been having this problem for a while now and thought I would ask for help online.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Eugene

2. moulaf

moulaf Thread Starter

Just to mention one of the monitors is plugged using a VGA cable through an adapter that goes in a DVI plug, and the other one (the one who's working) is a DVI cable. When I remove the adapter and try to plug my second monitor using a DVI cable, then the computer simply does not detect it (therefore why I used an adapter). The screen stays black. Now I believe the problem is more about the computer detecting the monitor than the color itself. Can anyone point me out to something?

Thanks.

3. moulaf

moulaf Thread Starter

PROBLEM FIXED

Gave the computer one hell of a kick and the color fixed itself.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice