1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Monitors - Using GSync w/ FreeSync

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by carter7984, Jul 28, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. carter7984

carter7984 Thread Starter

Hi,

I hope that the title of my thread makes sense.

I have dual monitors on my PC with GTX 1080TI card.

I don't know if I am doing the settings correctly for dual monitors. It was my understanding that GSync is capable with only 1 monitor. I don't know if you set it up with the menu options on the monitor, or if its a NVIDIA Control Panel issue.

Monitors are both AOC 2460G5.

I hope that I am explaining this correctly. If not, my sincerest apologies.

Best,

G

Attached Files:

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    A few things here:

1) GSync can run on multiple monitors. For best results, they should be identical monitors.
    2) GSync is configured in the nVidia display properties
    3) You are using FreeSync on GSync hardware. Yes it should work, and I believe nVidia actually supports it now, but they don't guaranty performance or quality. Setup is the same as far as I know.

3. carter7984

carter7984 Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your response!! I truly appreciate it!

Do you know if I have to physically change any settings on the Monitors themselves, they are both identical monitors?

Thanks so much again!

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I've only got one GSync monitor, and there was an option on the setup menu to enable/disable gsync. But I seem to recall it was enabled by default.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice