1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual monitors with two programs at the same time?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by upsguy27, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upsguy27

upsguy27 Thread Starter

I have two monitors set up, and I'm trying to get it so I can be playing a game or using a fullscreen application like Vegas while typing something on the other monitor. I tried doing this, but clicking on the other window that I want to type in makes it the active window and minimizes whatever else I'm doing on the first monitor. Is there any way to either
    A) Edit a text document without making it the active window, or
    B) Allow both monitors to have active windows at the same time
    Is it possible to do any of those?

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Welcome to TSG!

You can only have one Active (aka Foreground) application running. Otherwise the operating system wouldn't know where to send keyboard input.
    So the answer to both questions is no.

Not quite sure why it would minimize the application though.

HTH

Jerry

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Yes, I do it all the time...I must admit that I actually have 4 computers hooked up to my two monitors though. My problem is that I just don't have enough hands and eyes to keep everything "active."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice