1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hawkgoalie, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hawkgoalie

hawkgoalie Thread Starter

im tring to set up dual monitors as i have recently aqquired a new monitor. but the pc that i use has only 1 vga port and one dvi d port(think thats what it is called) so im wondering how or if it was even possible to set up dual monitors

2. nikomaster

nikomaster

Hello,

Your new monitor, what kind of connector has? If it has VGA you can easily get an adapter.
    Looks pretty much like this:
    This a DVI to VGA adapter.
    [​IMG]

3. Robsy128

Robsy128

Would that work without a graphics card with two VGA or DVI ports? I was always told that you had to have a graphics card for this kind of setup, rather than using the connectors belonging to the motherboard.

4. nikomaster

nikomaster

Yes you need a video card supporting more than one port. My desktop computer has installed a video card with both VGA and DVI connectors, and a RCA. So when I wanted to use a dual monitor I had to buy the DVI adapter.

5. Robsy128

Robsy128

Ahh okay... looks like I need to buy a graphics card for the PC at work then :p

6. hawkgoalie

my pc has 1 vga and one dvi port so just buy the adaptor and i will be all set?

7. replay

replay

what connectors do your monitors have....vga,dvi,hdmi???
    also would help if u filled out your computer spec's properly!!! ( the little computer next to your name) right now looks like it has a link

8. nikomaster

nikomaster

IF your new monitor connector is VGA too so you can do it with just the adapter.

9. hawkgoalie

my pc has 1 of each and so do both of the monitors....

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice