1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual monitors.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TechN00bie, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechN00bie

TechN00bie Thread Starter

Hello! i have a few questions and a few problems i would like to have solved.

Firstly i would like to inform that my primary monitor is a 27" samsung syncmaster, my secondary screen is a 19" philips ( not sure what model, but it has a working hdmi input) and my graphic card is a Geforce GTX 660ti. i have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz Processor, and msi z77a main board. (Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit)

my question is; how do i connect my second screen ? i can see two hdmi inputs im my computer, one is on the Gtx, and the second one is on the main board. the one that connects to my primary screen is the one that is connected to the GTX, and there is my problem, the one that is connected to the main board is not working. how do i fix this? is it just like that, or is it something in the settings i have to mess about in? :confused: . Thank you for your help and understanding! :cool:

-Techn00bie.

2. replay

replay

u have hdmi and dvi connections on the video card........ connect one monitor with hdmi and the other with dvi.... both are digital, should be dvi on atleat one of the monitors

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Most systems do not allow you to use both the onboard graphics with an add-in card, and when they do you don't get any benefits of the add-in card if you connect to the onboard graphics. Connect any and all monitors to the add-in card, so in your case the Geforce GTX 660Ti. As mentioned check the monitors for a DVI input and use a straight DVI cable or use a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1104974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice