Dual Monitors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jazz1984

Can someone please help me with my second monitor. It works fine but I want to be able to work between the two. My computer won't detech the second monitor.

Jazz1984

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20200228101156.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5450
Hard Drives: C: 460 GB (423 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 339A, s/n 2UA3260YTF
System: Hewlett-Packard, ver HPQOEM - 1072009, s/n 2UA3260YTF
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is the 2nd monitor listed under Monitors in Device manager ? If not you could have a hardware problem, most likely the Graphics card which is about 10 years old.

I would check you have the latest drivers for that graphics card (it's about 10 years old so there may not be a newer driver).
Also check the graphics settings in Windows and in AMD Catalyst if you have it. You need to deselect 'Duplicate' displays.

(HP are updating their website so I can't check your particular computer there yet.)

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
https://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe here is the most updated (2015... ) for your machine with Windows 10. HP themselves do not advertise them as they are not supporting this machine for Windows 10.

Updating / reinstalling drivers may kick it into gear, but if not, it may be a hardware issue. And of course, make sure the cabling is nicely connected and secured.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online