1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by woody1977, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. woody1977

woody1977 Thread Starter

Can someone please recommend a good not too expensive graphics card that will enable me to have dual monitors, one being a tft screen the other being a crt screen. I have curently 32mg intergrated graphics card, I would rather have just the one card, but if needs be I could install two. I don't particularly game on due to having a PS2, (I know that was a little like swearing on here lol), I do watch dvds on my pc, so would appreciatte something that will make the picture crisp while watching these. If not too expensive an intergrated TV card would be good but not essential.

thanks woody.

2. woody1977

woody1977 Thread Starter

Any ideas guys?? I am running win xp, on a packardbell celeron 2.6ghz, i fyou need to know, lol.

cheers woody

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Sorry, but we have no idea if your system will take an AGP video card. You would, at a minimum have to say what motherboard you have or if its AGP compatable.

Many AGP cards have dual outputs (some have a DVI output as the second option, but a DVI-VGA adapter is cheap)

Or just buy a PCI card and use your integrated video at one output (assuming it does not get disabled by the PCI card)

4. woody1977

woody1977 Thread Starter

I am sorry, I am at work, so this is not 100% but it looks like I have 1 free AGP port and 2 free PCI ports, just been on the packardbell website, and found the closest match. It is a pretty new pc, about 18 months old. I have a si-sandra report on notepad at home, I will have a look when I finish, but this I am pretty sure is what I have.

cheers woody

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Just buy a cheap AGP card with dual outputs in that case.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/374984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice