1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Monitors??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FJB, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FJB

FJB Thread Starter

So I'm a newbie to the site and I just want to say I like all the great advice that people are giving. I want to start of with my problem. I want to run dual monitors with a s-video out and run rca's to my television on my Dell Dimension DIM300 Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ and 512 mb ram. Both monitors that I have are vga LCD flatscreen. I have been reading everything that I can trying to find what video card I should use. I will primarily be using it for viewing videos and eventually doing some editing on it, but I want to have the ability to use my t.v. in the mix and view videos and dvd's through it. I am of intermediate skill level so I have some knowledge, but I don't know exactly what I should look for whether it is brand, specs of the card etc. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    FJB

2. loony_taz00

loony_taz00

Well if u cant find a card with both 2 VGA outputs and a tv out jack on it then u might have to go with one with a DVI and a VGA and a tv. out and jsut buy an adapter to make the DVI into a VGA. For just watching videos, Any video card will be sufficient

3. deaglestudent

deaglestudent

First of all, What slot do you have PCI, AGP, PCI Express?

Almost all the video cards with dual DVI outles come with adapters to VGA, and is better to have DVI outlets anyway because the fact that you have a flat LCD monitor with only VGA imput means that your monitors are pretty old wich also leads to a bad response speeds probably 24or 18 ms, Video editing takes a bunch of power so you will need a good card as much as you'll need good monitors and the new ones come with DVI cables so no point in having VGA outlets in your card.

Let me know wich slot do you have and lets go from there.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Almost any dual output video card will do the job. Since your monitors are VGA, you may need DVI->VGA adapters. Many cards have a DVI and a VGA output, and ATI usually ships a DVI->VGA adapter with their cards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/585753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice