1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by juz4kix, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. juz4kix

juz4kix Thread Starter

I Have an HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop with the xb3000 dock station. I'm running XP pro SP3 (legit but aftermarket). I plugged in my Fuji monitor (which is working). The problem is both monitors show the same thing. I want to run an expanded desktop. I tried to go through the control panel display tab but I do not have the dual monitor choices i would prefer. If it helps, on settings I only have 2 options, 800x600 and 1024x768. Do I need a special driver or update?

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

when you are in display properties, there is a "check box" for Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor"...make sure it is checked on for both...I have a second screen attached to mine.

Attached Files:

3. juz4kix

juz4kix Thread Starter

I don't have the check box (see attached for a screen shot). I may not have installed XP all of the way. when I go through the shut down process I cannot go into sleep or hibernate mode.

Attached Files:

4. juz4kix

juz4kix Thread Starter

here is my log-off option

Attached Files:

5. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Update your Video driver with a non HP driver if you can find one, this should give you the extended desktop feature you are looking for.

Check device manager for the model of video chip/card you have, then go to the manufacturers websiite for that chip/card to look for a driver there.

6. frankjohn

frankjohn

You need the correct card to do what you want

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/777530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice