1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EnterShaman, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnterShaman

EnterShaman Thread Starter

I am attempting to install two monitors to my existing Gateway 5026E system. I have a NVIDIA grahics card 8800 GT OC from my son's older computer. I am usure whether I should even try this since I am assuming that my existing computer may not have all it needs to accomplish this task. I have installed the card and have the installation cd in telling me "the grahics adapater installed in the system is not compatable with the current set of drivers". I also realize the I need a power supply of at least 425w. I am overstepping my knowledge here and any step by step assistance would be appreciated. Let me know what other information is needed to assist. Thanks.

2. EDDIE BIRD

EDDIE BIRD

firstly the power supply will need to be 425 or 450w min as for the drivers the ones on the disc could be for a 32bit windows you could be running a 64bit i would right click my computer and click on properties at the bottem then click device manager in there find the card under display adaptors ( should have a yellow trangle next to it)
    right click that then click on update drivers and search online (windows updates) for some new drivers also you could check the nvidia web site for new drivers 1 other thing did you uninstall the drivers for the card that you had in before?

3. BG-0

BG-0

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/800203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice