1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual PCI Express video cards ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by delta_kilo, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. delta_kilo

delta_kilo Thread Starter

Ok Dum question - How does one hook up a single monitor to dual pci express video cards :confused: with a Y or is dual pci express for dual monitors? DK

2. Yakiba

Yakiba

You've got it all working, just wondering if you need to plug two cables into the monitor?

3. delta_kilo

Or is it two monitors into one cable or it could be one monitor and one cable into one card. Thanks :eek:

4. Yakiba

Yakiba

Okay, hold on...let's establish what you're trying to do here. You only need one monitor working, right? You want the power of two video cards for games? In that case, I think you would need an SLI (Scalable Link Interface) system with matching video cards and compatible motherboard. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I think the two video cards have to be connected with a cable of some sort.

5. delta_kilo

:D Just having a little fun Yes SLI is what I'm looking at here the setup in question had two video cards connected together with a strap or bridge on top of the cards from Alienware 7500 series. My question is each card had two DVI connectors giving a total of four outputs so would I plug into one DVI connector per board with a "Y" or just connect to one DVI plug on one card to the monitor? I hope that makes sense.

6. Yakiba

Yakiba

7. delta_kilo

Well hell that answers it all I did a search on there site and could'nt find anything thanks. (y)

8. Yakiba

Yakiba

No problem delta_kilo. Glad I could help.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!