1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual PCI Video Cards Conflicting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RaveChild, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaveChild

RaveChild Thread Starter

I am trying to set up a dual monitor system. I am using an ECS-K7SEM main board with onboard video disabled and 2 s3 virge ex/dx pci video cards installed.
    My problem is that i am only able to use 1 card at a time. As soon as I install the second card it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". If I take out the other card and boot into windows it is fine untill I put both cards in.

btw I am running win xp pro.

Thanks for your help.

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Some cards will not work in a system with another card. They have to be multi-monitor compliant to do this. Because of the fact that new video cards are developed almost daily, there seems to be no comprehensive list of cards that will or won't and this technology is so seldomly used the cards themselves come with no labeling or packaging that tells you whether it will or won't.

Generally, I have found that the newer the video card, the more likely it will do multiple displays.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/196111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice