1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual screen dual mouse setup for Game and web page use

Discussion in 'Games' started by Willburforce, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Willburforce

Willburforce Thread Starter

Hey,
    First off thanks for taking the time to help me on this. I just recently started using a dual monitor setup. The whole reason I wanted to run this was so that I could run a web page while i was running a game. It did not take me long to realize the inadequacies of my foresight in this quest for freedom from alt tab quirks, like the mouse not syncing with the game reticle (how is that word spelled!?) or color skewing, because the game locks the mouse inside the window the game is running in. So panning over is a no go. My question is whether or not there is a way that I can set up a dual mouse system. I have a custom built computer. My main monitor is plugged into my graphics card and my off monitor is just plugged into the HDMI port on my motherboard.

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

If anyone has any other ideas let me know. I have never seen the setup Willburforce is looking for.

You can plug multiple mice into a PC, and both will work, however, both will control the same single mouse pointer. Even if you had a mouse and a touchscreen, the mouse's pointer will immediately go to your finger the second you touched the screen.

Anyone else....

3. Willburforce

Willburforce Thread Starter

4. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Ideally, you will need to run the game windowed not full screen, although this will not guarantee a working solution as some games will still lock the mouse pointer to them, you may need to pause the gameor still alt+tab to get the pointer out of the game window.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1076080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice