1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Sound Output?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spiers, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spiers

spiers Thread Starter

Hi. i was just wondering if it was possible to have more than one set of speakers play audio at the same time. For instance i have a set of speakers, but also have some on my monitor, i can only use one set by changing the settings in the audio properties i.e to desktop speakers. Also when you plug headphones or them speakers which go into portable cd players the sound mutes from the primary speakers and only plays on the set of speakers you plug in. Hope ive not confused anyone here. Just thought there might of been a setting allowing you to use more than one audio output at once.
    Thanks.

2. Dick1038

Dick1038

There is no simple solution, such as a setting, to your problem. One solution is to buy a small stereo preamp to plug into the computer, then branch from the preamp output to speakers that have built-in power amps.

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

If both items are 1) 3.5 and 2) do not use some of the 5 cable + connections for these advanced audio devices and 3) you want audio out of the monitor and out of the desktop - Then all you have to do is buy a simple 2 jack splitter. Then plug the 2 jack splitter into the back of your PC and plug your monitor speakers into one and your desktop speakers into the other... Then your using all 3. Mind you this isn't half as good as getting a decient 3 way setup... but it will let you run all your speakers at once.

4. leykis1o1

leykis1o1

i have a dell laptop with internal speakers..ive recently purchased a USB powered FM transmitter so i can sit in my truck and listen to stuff on my laptop..the problem is i can only select one or the other in audio devices and i have to reboot the system..is there a way maybe in regedit to select or force both laptop and usb audio output?..im thinking it has to do with regedit..but i dont know what or where or how ..like what settings..any help would be apreciated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/400343