1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual video cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silliw, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silliw

silliw Thread Starter

i work at a school and most of the computers are using dual video cards so the teachers can show computer sites on the tvs. my question is when you put a cd or dvd in the drive of the computer and it brings up windows media player all you get on the tv is a black media player and it doesn't play what is on the cd. you get the sound and it plays fine on the monitor. why would it not project on the tv when the desktop shows up just fine and websites show up fine. it is only if it is reading from the cd drive. is there a setting that needs to be changed to be able to view from the cd drive. most of the video cards are nvidia gforce and the settings are on clone. thanks again in advance.:confused:

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

You mean, dual resolution right? If you meant dual video cards, you meant running in SLI mode/Crossfire..
    I'm not quite sure what your trying to ask us.

3. silliw

silliw Thread Starter

i mean a dual video card not video cards...sorry. one so that you can project what is on your monitor to the tv. does that make it a little clearer. sorry for not being so clear

4. BG-0

BG-0

Dual monitors, that is. Video cards with two display ports with a monitor in both of them. How big is the TV? Know the resolution, or their model?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/775687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice