1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual vidieocard SLI and Multiple monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ClickCardo, Aug 2, 2006.

?

SLI and/or Multiple Monitors

1. SLI and Multiple Monitors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Multiple Monitors Only

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. SLI Only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ClickCardo

ClickCardo Thread Starter

I have an ASUS A8N32-SLI mobo with two nVidia 7600GT cards in SLI. Everything was working perfectly. Then I just added a second monitor. I wanted to use DualView mode in nVidia's desktop management app. I tried to hook one monitor to each v.card but no go. It would work hooking up both to main card and disabling SLI. Turning SLI back on in this setup only shows one monitor.

So I seem to have a workable solution that is very cumbersome and clunky. Can anybody tell me how this setup should optimally work?

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

I am finding these quotes all the way from 2005 to as recient as 1 month ago.

3. rolandk10

rolandk10

Well, there is another option but it may also not be favorable. You can always add a cheap pci video card and run a second monitor off that. I had done this many years ago before dual head cards and the like were common. I had one agp and two pci cards. The extra card doesn't need to be that great since it would only run in 2d.

4. ClickCardo

ClickCardo Thread Starter

Maybe I should have been more clear in my post what I wanted.

I'm not that big of a fan of SLI now that I have tasted it and want to know why I cannot just hook one monitor to 7600GT card and the other monitor to the other 7600GT card?

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Take one video board out, sell it on eBay. Connect both monitors to the remaining video board. ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!