1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Xeon vs P-4?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vancortlandt, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vancortlandt

vancortlandt Thread Starter

Currently using a Dell 420 SCSI Workstation with 512MB rambus memory & single P-III processor, SCSI 10K drives...However no amount of adjusting memory or hardware configurations can turn this into a machine that can process two (2) or three (3) open graphics programs at once without crashing or just sitting there; you probably know what I mean. I use CorelDraw 10, Adobe, FrontPage & other Web designing tools plus Lt CAD. all graphics intensive programs by themselves, and some need to be open together.
    :confused: I want to BUILD a system that will currently handle "Win XP Pro" plus the above mentioned programs without causing me so much grief!
    There is confusion about the set-up.
    Two 3+GHz Xeon processors with 2GB DDR memory on a WI-2P Abit motherboard with a 7505 chipset vs one P-4, 3.60GHz with 2GB memory on a Intel or other motherboard with an 876 chipset, dito memory! I have never build a system but keep 4 office Dells all network running so I am not intimited by the Build-Process. Any one who has first hand knowledge and has done a, from scratch build I would appreciate any input.
    Thanks,
    A. Vancortlandt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice