1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual XP Boot System

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by thecreator1223, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecreator1223

thecreator1223 Thread Starter

I have a quick quistion, dont know if this is possible, but this is something that struck me as i was going throught all these forums and finnaly getting fine tuned with dual boot systems.

I would like to know if it is possible to make maultiple Windows XP boot systems to where oyu have different setting on each boot system that you have, i just kinda did a little test onight and discovered that there was a slight change by copying my

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /TUTag=2K9EBE /Kernel=TUKernel.exe

and renaming it, aswell as copying the TUKernel.exe and renaming it and making it look like this

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="The Creator's OS" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /TUTag=2K9EBE /Kernel=THECREATOR.exe

The thing is that when i boot up i see both these boots but the problem is, is when i make changes to the one, for instance just moving around the desktop icons then restatring my system then booting to the other boot instance it has changed my desktop icons there aswell, but i have custom boot skins annd all that and it changed those back to default on the newly created boot instance that i had just copied and booted to after making the desktop changes.

I guess where iam going with this question is hoe can i go aboout making multiple XP boot systems but having totalle different setting on each boot instance without having to create different partitions and installing windows 6 times if i want 6 different boot instances, there has to be a sipler way.!!!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 its free software run virtual systems on your os

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice