1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DualBoot Windows 10 & Windows 7 on SSD and HDD respectively.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ashaytaksande, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashaytaksande

ashaytaksande Thread Starter

I want to clean install Windows 10 and Windows 7 in dual boot configuration on separate hard drives.
    I have a 240 GB WD SSD completely for Windows 10 and a 1 TB WD HDD for Windows 7 installation.
    I have a MSI B85M-E45 ("https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B85M-E45/Specification") motherboard which supports UEFI and UEFI/Legacy mode.

1).Which OS should I install first, Windows 10 or Windows 7?
    2).What should be the partition type, GPT or MBR?
    3).What mode should the bios be in, UEFI or Legacy?

Thanks!
    PS: I may want to do multi boot with any Linux distribution later down the road.

2. Paksiw

Paksiw

I would advise you to install windows 7 first for you to be asked if what OS you will boot in the boot process.
    I would say you have to use the GPT partition type and a UEFI bios mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice