1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

duel proccessors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trevor1, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trevor1

trevor1 Thread Starter

This may be a stupid question,but is there any way to have 2 proccessos in 1 machine? i have a pentium1 90 mhz and an i dont know thats 150, is there anyway i cud use both?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Dual processor machines have two sockets for the processor, I doubt your MB is so equipped. Also, you need identical processors for most dual processor systems, and it's even suggested they come from the same stepping in the manufacturing process. Timing is critical between the processors if you want it to work properly.

3. BTS '76

BTS '76

If your interested in dual processing for personal home use, you could check out Intel's website and get info on the Pent. 4- 3.06gig. processor, which supports hyperthreading. This allows the one processor to act like two. Intel

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

You will also need an operating system that works with dual processors such as Linux or Win 2k.

5. BTS '76

BTS '76

Win. 2k all versions do not support hyperthreading.

windows xp home or pro does, and thats what trevor1 is running

hyperthreading

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice