1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dumb cd burner question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flydragon, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flydragon

flydragon Thread Starter

I know this is a really stupid question, but if I install a burner with an existing cd-rom, do I need to plug in a power cord from the power supply to each one or just the master? I think I have finally figured out the rest after a 2-month struggle (@#$^$!!), but I haven't gotten the answer to this one. Thank you in advance!

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Yes.

Every individual device will need its own power connection.

3. flydragon

flydragon Thread Starter

Thank you thank you thank you!!! Now maybe I can fire this thing up! It's only the second one I've bought...sigh...

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

5. flydragon

flydragon Thread Starter

I have successfully installed my new burner and have now burned 4 cd's!! I feel so accomplished--I have never installed any hardware before, and I am sooo excited!! Everyone here is so helpful--this is the second time I have been here and all of my questions were answered so thoroughly. Just wanted to say thanks bunches!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!