1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dumb minecraft batch file question.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Hexik, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hexik

Hexik Thread Starter

So I created a batch file for minecraft because it's continuously running out of memory, and after googling it, this is what I was told the best option was.

After creating the new notepad and dropping "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -jar "C:\Users\username\desktop\minecraft.exe" into it, saving it as a batch file, and running, it looks like CMD opens for a second, and nothing happens.

That location exists, and I've replaced my username with 'username' in the line. I am also running 32bit vista

I'm not quite sure what other type of information you need to help, but just ask.

2. Lastrites

Lastrites

1 Try changing \minecraft.exe to \minecraft .exe there is a space in mine.
    2 also -Xmx1024M -Xms512M makes minecraft have 1gig of memory but you can only use 512
    i made mine -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M
    3 in your bat you can add the word "PAUSE" with no quotes, this will also let you see what errors you might be getting with yours.

Here is my bat I have my minecraft in the stock folder is yours? if you can use window explore to locate it the click on the "path/address" bar and copy the path to the . exe
    ------------
    @echo off
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar "C:\Users\NAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\minecraft .exe"
    pause
    --------

change "namehere" to your username.

Hope that helps :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice