1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dumb Question! LOL

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moonifa, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moonifa

moonifa Thread Starter

Hello! I have a friend who has a Compaq Presario MV700 and she doesn't know where to plug in her headphones. I am not familiar with Compaq but went to their website and checked out their sound problem area even though her speakers and sound are working fine.

It said to unplug the speakers and plug in headphones into the speaker out jack to see if sound worked then. But surely there is another place for her to plug into?

She said there was no place to plug into on the back of her sound card or in front of the cd drive itself. She says it is only five years old so I know there has to be a place for them! Does anyone else have one of these?

Thank you very much for your time! Moonifa :)

2. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

Is there a green port in which you can plug it into (usually they are green) Also look for a little microphone label on all of the ports

3. n2gun

n2gun

That would be the standard way to use (plugging into the speaker jack). There is usually a spot on the front of the cd-rom that will take a headphone jack, BUT the output is not amplified as it would be at the speaker jack. The volume would be extremely low.

4. raybro

raybro

Look on the front of the speakers themselves. There is often a minijack receptical there for headphones.

5. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

Yes... and I wouldn't plug the headphones into the CDROM drive... you'd have to play with a bunch of configurations to get it to work.

6. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

By the way, the dumbest questions are those never asked...

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Call me crazy, but my ill-gotten airline headphones work fine in the front of my cdrom drive.....no hoops to jump thru either, just plugged them in ;)

8. griffinspc

griffinspc

Ditto and I use my cheapees there when converting LP's to digital burns to keep track of decibel changes in a needed flat audio environment. Now what was the reason to leave TSG?

9. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

LOL Griff ;)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice