1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dumb question of splitting printer USB cable.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cuttlefish, May 14, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

Hi folks, I have a typical scanner setup to my Win PC with the usual USB 2.o cable going to the PC or in this case a multi USB Hub...…

Sadly it's not a wireless scanner but is there someway I can split the cable to go to TWO PC's to save me having to unplug the single cable every time I want to use the other PC?

I can find lots of these cables on eBay but they are all very short - 30 cms - and I need longer ones as the PC's are kind of too far apart, searched everywhere but it appears nobody makes long ones!

Rang all the usual retail outlets but I may as well have been talking in Swahili as nobody could help!

Many thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Chuck
  3. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

Thanks for that, much appreciated and I never gave that solution a thought! Off to try and find one in Australia where we linger 30 years behind the industry! Cheers

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

If both PC's are on your home network , you could set the one up not connected to the printer to print to a network printer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210213

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice