Dumb question of splitting printer USB cable.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cuttlefish

First Name
Ian
Hi folks, I have a typical scanner setup to my Win PC with the usual USB 2.o cable going to the PC or in this case a multi USB Hub...…

Sadly it's not a wireless scanner but is there someway I can split the cable to go to TWO PC's to save me having to unplug the single cable every time I want to use the other PC?

I can find lots of these cables on eBay but they are all very short - 30 cms - and I need longer ones as the PC's are kind of too far apart, searched everywhere but it appears nobody makes long ones!

Rang all the usual retail outlets but I may as well have been talking in Swahili as nobody could help!

Many thanks

cuttlefish

First Name
Ian
If both PC's are on your home network , you could set the one up not connected to the printer to print to a network printer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online