Dumping of Physical memory..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Enfrcr911

I was playing Msn game and my pc shut down..what is the Dumping of my physical memory?

is it to many games and play music..is thats why..whats the physical aspect of my shutdown...dont get it.

When a serious error occurs and the PC restarts, it does a "memory dump" of critical RAM data to a hard disk file, in case a skilled technician needs to examine the file as it may give the cause.

Its just creating a file of data that may help diagnose the problem, nothing more.

As to why it crashed, it could be many things, from overheating, faulty memory, a bug in the game program, a virus or trojan, or any of another 1000 things.

Does it crash often?

Enfrcr911

No just like 2 time a month..I checked out microsoft.com on this and basicly dont really know..be something about 1gb over maby on my cd rom..i guess.I was viewing my cd rom file and did the Dumpchk.exe...didnt found much jus a few error and warning files...I left them alone..didnt want to mess with it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online