Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

dumping physical memory??

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
ive been having this problem with my computer sense i got a new hard drive.
my screen goes black an in dim white writting it says dumping physical memory to disk i can trigger it by using this web site that i got from here where it analyzes my pc to show what games i can use or not. but what could this be? its never happened till i got a new hard drive due to my last one that was to old an dirty to use.

#2 ·
need some more info.

what os?
can you get to windows?
if so, what triggers the crash?
can you reproduce it?
Have you checked your disk for errors?
What type of HD? EIDE, SATA, what?

#3 ·
i have windows 2000 pro i ran chkdsk an nothing came up an i checked out event veiwer an my security log was corrupt so i refeshed it an restarted an it still does it. i go here http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/gameadvisor/service/ an click on game advisor an while it start analyzing it stops at 25% an its says dumping physical memory to disk an it has a bunch of numbers a tthe top an it says sumthing about usb_stor an that link aint the only thing that makes it happen sometimes it happens out of njowhere. then it starts to dump an the percentage starts going i never let it finish cuz i dont know if anything bad will happen or not,.

if u want i can let it happen again an write everything down before it finishes??/?

#4 ·
so you are just using this site to see if you can play a certain game, based on your system specifications, correct?

If I could make a recommendation, download belarc advisor (it's freeware) and that will tell EXACTLY what equipment you have, then you can read the box and see if you meet the minumum requirements.

And while you are at it, I would definitely scan for adware, because I've seen similar sites such as the one you posted that dumped large amounts of cookies and malware on a pc...

#8 ·
run some spyware scans like ewido first. then, just for kick, post a hijack this log. d/l it from the hjt link in my sig, save it to your desktop, unzip it to it OWN FOLDER of the c drive (C:\hjt), run it, click scan and save logfile, and then post the logfile here.

#11 ·
I had the same problem, My Iexplore.exe went out one day and everytime we restart the computer that meesage pops up on the blue screen of death, I found it to be a bad sector of my hard drive. Your first option is to make a backup of anything you need and reinstall windows, too bypass the bad sector. otherwise you will need ot buy a new harddrive ( i prefer seagate) and reinstall windows this should take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.